Villa Savoye is a modernist villa in the outskirts of Paris, France. It was designed by Le Corbusier and his cousin, Pierre Jeanneret, and built between 1928 and 1931.
A manifesto of Le Corbusier’s “five points” of new architecture, the villa is representative of the bases of modern architecture, and is one of the most easily recognizable and renowned examples of the International style.
The house was originally built as a country retreat on behest of the Savoye family. After being purchased by the neighbouring school it passed on to be property of the French state in 1958, and after surviving several plans of demolition, it was designated as an official French historical monument in 1965.